Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris sl 900timing

Hi
    I have replaced the stator with the update kit and new flywheel and need to time the engine. Is there a good way to set the static and dynamic timing with the engine out? I set up a dial indicator and need to know, (does the stator fire at top dead center and you set the top dead center on the flywheel so top dead center is actually at the BTDC position). This seems to be difficult due to play in the motor. When turning the crank counterclockwise the piston stops moving at the zero mark and starts moving at two marks in the retarded position. The dial indicator changes direction at the zero mark. Is there an easy way to set the static timing? Is the TDC between the start and stop of the piston movement or is TDC where the piston first stops when moving the flywheel counterclockwise? The manual says to set BTDC at .0815, This isn't very much, do you just need the TDC point on the zero mark. How do you set this BTDC point?

Re: polaris sl 900timing

Dont mess with the magnet holder, leave it in the position it was in before. start the engine and run the rpms up to 3K shoot the timing light through the timing hole you want about 18 to 20 degrees BTDC. Very few time have I had to adjust the magnet holder to reset timing after installing a new CDI.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X