95 900zxi Carb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 900zxi Carb Question

Well last season I found a crack(1/2" hole) in my exhaust which lead to the hull filling with water and the motor overheating and putting a hole in the top of cylinder 3. I have replaced all damage from that motor wise. Im guessing the issue was with either clogged exhaust system or an oil issue. It looks to me like the ski could run with more oil. That being said I installed an oil blockoff kit to run premixed. Im wondering what setting I should use for the carbeurator. I have a TDI waterbox, and ADA billet head installed with a few other mods. I just got into the jet skis recently so Im no where near an expert but figured this would be a good place to start.

Re: 95 900zxi Carb Question

You dont have to open the screws up much maybe 1/8 to 1/4 max
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yea Ill probably just rebuild the carbs ive seen a lot of posts about fried pistons in the 900zxi.

Comment

If you have not gone thru the carbs since fixing the engine then now is the time, most melt downs are from dirty fuel systems.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have a 95 900zxi and I just replaced the crank seals, rebuilt the carbs, and installed boyesen reeds.. my question is .. factory setting on the carbs is supposed to be L=1 1/4 turns out and H=3/4 turn out.. my settings running factory reeds was set to L=1 1/2 turns out and H=1 turn out.. Now running factory reeds I always had a little oil coming out the exhaust(even running it on the hose) and it ran Great for 18 yrs like that.. boyesen says to go out aprx 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn on both settings. when I reassembled the jet ski, I left my settings how I found them L=1 1/4 turns out and H=3/4 turn out to match what boyesen says. Problem is that now I have no oil coming out of the exhaust (I am injecting and also pre-mix 50:1 in the tank for the first tank until all the air bubbles (if there are any) are out of the injection system (just to be safe)).. At aprx 7000 rpm's it seems like it is bogging out but if I keep revving it, it clears out.. So I am not sure what to make of it.. Do I open up the carbs another 1/4 turn just to be safe or leave it like it is... any helpl with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

sorry had a correction to the H= setting..

I have a 95 900zxi and I just replaced the crank seals, rebuilt the carbs, and installed boyesen reeds.. my question is .. factory setting on the carbs is supposed to be L=1 1/4 turns out and H=3/4 turn out.. my settings running factory reeds was set to L=1 1/2 turns out and H=1 turn out.. Now running factory reeds I always had a little oil coming out the exhaust(even running it on the hose) and it ran Great for 18 yrs like that.. boyesen says to go out aprx 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn on both settings. when I reassembled the jet ski, I left my settings how I found them L=1 1/2 turns out and H=1 turn out to match what boyesen says. Problem is that now I have no oil coming out of the exhaust (I am injecting and also pre-mix 50:1 in the tank for the first tank until all the air bubbles (if there are any) are out of the injection system (just to be safe)).. At aprx 7000 rpm's it seems like it is bogging out but if I keep revving it, it clears out.. So I am not sure what to make of it.. Do I open up the carbs another 1/4 turn just to be safe or leave it like it is... any helpl with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X