HX w/racing parts running questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HX w/racing parts running questions.

I bought 2 hx seadoo that use to be race jet ski for a very good price. My question is that I have a manual for it but can't really go off that to keep up the mateness. The one the guy use to race (#1) ran real good but seem to hesitate at throttle after riding for about 10 min but as soon as I got past that it would just take off real fast. Also when I dump it once, it took about a min to start. It's fastest ski I ever ridden. It has APE exhaust, westcost head, msd water injection, tjs or R&D carbs, tauceti carbon fiber air cleaners, and a few other things that I can't remember. He said he ran 44:1 redline oil in it. Couldn't find some fast so I was told from my dealer to buy some Motol full synthetic high performance jet ski oil. Have not used it yet since I ran with the gas that was still in the ski. I am afraid to go out to far and break down so I going to wait for an answer before I use that oil. The other (#2) was more of a sleeper he said but was not raced. It was starting at first but when a couple of days later when I finally got to put it in the water. It wouldn't start. Got home and threw the battery on the charger. The next day put the battery back in and tried to fire it. It wanted to so bad. So I sprayed a little starting fluid on the filters and it started to fire up but didn't want to stay on. I forgot to mention that these have no idle, the owner said that it's set that low for the ISJBA. Got it started and its was smoking a little more then I expected since I ride/race two-stroke street bikes a little. I has APE exhaust, the same carbs and filter, R&D prop, and a few things I don't know. I do remember him saying something about wiseco piston but don't know which or both have them. On the underside of the hull of ski (#1) it's written on there 34cc domes. As you can tell I don't know to much about them but after reading some of the post on here about blowing pistons, o rings, and cylinders I'm getting scared to even take them out now. I just wanted to buy some skis with racing parts on already so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of $ for them since I was going to get them anyways. BTW awesome sight you guys have. Keep up the work and help the DIY people cause the dealer isn't cheap.

Sorry for all the missspelled words. Trying to type at work and not get caught.

[ September 09, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Josh Cloud ]

The Redline oil is good oil.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

? What about the Motol full synthetic? Does anybody else know what could the starting problems be or some tips to look/watch out for since the skis are not stock.
      Also the guy said I might have to adjust the carbs since they are coming from Texas to OKlahoma. Its only about a 200 mile differance. What do you think.

[ September 10, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Josh Cloud ]

Comment

Anybody else? Also I was wonder if any body did an aftermarket of off another ski tach and speed gauge on the HX's I saw it somewhere.

Comment

You can buy an oem analog tach from SD, or an aftermarket digital from my shop. I sell Tiny Tach and some better models of digitals.

If interested, call 626 914 9509 M-F 9am to 4pm PST.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X