Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 GSX RFI no communication with BUDS system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 GSX RFI no communication with BUDS system.

My seadoo has been sitting up for 5yrs in a garage and the key was lost and when I brought it to have a key programmed the mechanic said when they hooked it up to there BUDS system there was no communication with my mpem, he also said my info guage wasn't working so I bought one and installed it, brought it back to the mechanic, said still no communication, I charged my battery before I brought it the first time and thought it was charged but found out yesterday that it was only 11.6 volts, also had to put a new buzzer on it so
    I couldn't do a diagnostic test on it til yesterday. Heres what happens now with a new battery and buzzer, put the new key on which isn't programmed, one long beep which is telling me wrong key,info guage comes on for a couple seconds and goes off and fuel pump primes for one second. When I get it into diagnostic mode I get the two long beeps, which means wrong key again. So it seams everything is working as its supposed to when putting the key on but my question is, because my battery had low voltage could that be why my mpem wasn't communicating with their system? Is there a low voltage cutoff point in the mpem that would not let it communicate? Going back to shop to try again tomomorrow. Any help would be appreciated, (i checked all fuses and unplugged and plugged in all mpem connectors to reset mpem) Thanks

Re: 99 GSX RFI no communication with BUDS system.

Low battery will keep it from communicating, also if the security side of the dess post is messed up it will not communicate too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'm bringing It back to try again tomorrow, will post results, Thanks

Comment

Well after 4 trys at 3 different shops I finally got my key programmed! My second attempt at laffayette power sports today to try to get key programmed after they said I had a problem with my ski tells me 'oh yea i dont think we can program that ski' It seems two of the places I went didn't have the correct system to program my key! I finally found a shop that knew what they were talking about and got it done. I'm up and running again!

Comment

Working...
        X