polaris virage-new motor from SBt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris virage-new motor from SBt

Ok, to start out..thanks soo much to all the staff at SBT, especially Tom for having the patience when i asked questions. You all by FAR are THEE BEST customer orientated shop around! And I'm a customer from southern California...soo were as far apart in this country as we could be! I think i will be a lifer with SBT.
    Anyways, here goes..I blew the virage up..well, the rear cylinder blew a connecting rod bearing on the crank.....well I bought a motor from SBT...after they gave me the added assurance that any questions i would have could be answered...so i installed it....ran it last weekend and did the break in procedures.....everything is great, with one minor concern.
    The jet pump feels like it is cavitating and making a funny kinda sound if you hit the throttle pretty good from a idle. If you ease into it, it does not do it at all. My concerns are naturally...did i align the pump shaft correctly? Ok, here is how I did it...I did not remove the shaft at all..I unscrewed the nut from the motor..so nothing was touched on the pump side..I dropped new motor in..and pretty much just wiggled it into a position that the same nut screwed on with no resisitance..figured that was a dead lineup to me....lol..I recall prior that if you spun the boat around in the water or made a sharp turn it would also do this. What could it be? The impeller looks fine..and the bearings seemed fine as i wiggled and spun that shaft around when the motor was out..sounded smooth and turned freely...no grinding...no signs of worn bearings or resistance. I am thinking perhaps the wear ring is worn? I am new to PWC, but not new to motors or the like. Whats a brotha gotta do to do a thorough check of the wear items on one of these machines? Thanks in advance all.
    and thanks again everyone at SBT....I am soo glad i found your site..I thought my virage was done...nobody in socal works on them anymore...and I have 2 others.
    Virage is 2003 carb motor
    genesis 2002 ficht motor
    sl750 1993 carb motor
    my ski never left the 80's

Re: polaris virage-new motor from SBt

Thank you for the kind words, its nice to hear your up and running, If the sound you are hearing is more of a winding noise then the pump bearings are shot. Pull the nose cone and see if any water may have worked its way into the pump.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X