Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 Daytona 640 w/ .81mm over forged kit- questions- carb adj. ? plug gap? jetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Daytona 640 w/ .81mm over forged kit- questions- carb adj. ? plug gap? jetting?

Hello Everyone,

I recently installed a .81mm over forged piston kit in my 1995 Tigershark Daytona 640. I have the ski running and already broke in the pistons/rings but i was wondering if someone (or a few people)can give me recommended specs for the high/low speed adjustments (single carb model) and also for the spark plug gap. I know stock is 7/8 turn out on low speed and no adj. on high for the carb and .030 gap on the plug is stock. I originally set both the carb and plug at stock, then the adjusted as i saw fit, but i would like to have the proper specs.
    Also, i know stock jetting isn't ideal, what type of jet kit should i install knowing a .81 mm over kit was installed, everything else is stock on the ski. I don't have the money for a jet kit now, but plan on purchasing one asap. The carb was takin completely apart, cleaned and checked out by me with no problems.

Finally, when riding the ski, I noticed a problem that occurred even prior to piston kits install; not much low end at all. Once i give it half throttle for about 15 seconds it finally picks up but it does not level out or have much power until then. Which leads me to believe it is a carb issue, possibly a rebuild and jetting will help? Could there be another issue? Btw, compression tests came out perfect.

I appreciate anyone reading this and trying to help out! Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Daytona640; 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM.

Re: 95 Daytona 640 w/ .81mm over forged kit- questions- carb adj. ? plug gap? jetting

Do the rebuild but dont mess with the jetting (size wise) just open up the lows 1/8 more and thats it. After the rebuild see if the issue goes away and re-use your stock pop-off springs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X