2000 Virage won't turn over with tether in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Virage won't turn over with tether in place

I have a 2000 Virage and it won't turn over with the tether in place. If I pull the tether off, it turns over (but doesn't start). I have the wiring diagram and checked the handlebar switches, which test good. Does anyone have any ideas?..........Thanks

Re: 2000 Virage won't turn over with tether in place

Start/stop reg. may be the issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 2000 Virage won't turn over with tether in place

Yes, I did change it and still the same. I have a good friend who is a controls and electrical engineer in the paper industry and he stopped over yesterday and said to change the same part that you described, after he looked at the wiring diagram. I had ordered the part through a dealer and when I recieved it, the package had been previuosly opened and had been taped shut, which made me a little wary. I've worked for dealers before and when getting a part out of the parts department and finding the packaging opened then installing it only to find that it wasn't any good. Any electrical part that has been opened and put back on the shelf draws a red flag! Today I'm going to send it back and tell them to send me a new one in an unopened box.

Also, by looking at the schematic I think I can move the blk/w from the start solenoid to the blk terminal to ground the solenoid so I can use the ski. The only problem would be that I can't use the start/stop button to kill the motor and have to just pull the tether to stop.

Comment

Working...
      X