oil not decreasing in oil tank on 1999 polaris slth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil not decreasing in oil tank on 1999 polaris slth

I've noticed for a while that the oil in the oil tank is not decreasing on my 99 SLTH. I believe I should see much more of a drop. Any ideas why? Could it be the oil pump? What is most likely the problem? It has been running fine lately (this year) but I haven't had to replace oil for a long time. I have had to repair the engine 3 times over the last 4 years due to the gasket in the manifold melting or coming loose allowing water to flow into the jet ski. Not sure if this would have anything to do with it since it is water that runs through it to cool and doesn't have to to do with the oil. Thanks.

Re: oil not decreasing in oil tank on 1999 polaris slth

The water and oil issue are not related. There is an oil filter inline to the oil pump, change the filter. You may want to pre-mix oil and gas at 40;1 untill you see if the new oil filter does the trick, mark the oil tank and see if it starts using more oil.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks. Any ideas where to get an oil filter? I did a quick search on-line and nothing popped up except an expired E-bay add. I checked sbt and they didn't have them on their website. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

You should be able to make a sea-doo or a kawasaki filter work.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X