Pop Off Pressure Specifications for Numerous Carbs Carburetors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Off Pressure Specifications for Numerous Carbs Carburetors

As helpful as SBT typically tries to be with their products, I am having great difficulty in finding published pop off pressure values for some old PWC's that I have...

I own and ride a 93 Kawasaki 750SS (my favorite) with the Keihin carb, an 88 Yamaha WaveRunner WR500J (Mikuni BN), and a 99 Polaris SLTH (700 twin, dual carbs). I cannot find pop off pressure speciciations for my Kawasaki or for the Yamaha from a reliable source, anywhere. The best advice I've heard yet is to test the pop off pressure before disassembling the carb completely, note the pressure required, and then re-use the old spring. But the Yamaha has been sitting for ~10 years and I'm wondering what I'll do if it's too gummed up and/or what I'd do if it were missing, etc.

I have purchased a "carb rebuild" kit from SBT for one of my rides, and would like to for the rest, but I can't help but wonder what the rest of the world is doing when they rebuild their PWC carbs... Do you all simply re-use the old spring and save the new one in the kit as a "spare"? I'm not asking for someone to educate me on how to expertly tune a PWC carb in an hour; but the local marinas don't seem to have a clear answer either.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation for me? TIA!

Re: Pop Off Pressure Specifications for Numerous Carbs Carburetors

always use the original springs for the most accurate results un less your doing something custom.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I do appreciate the advice. But what if the problem lies with the pop off pressure, aka the spring itself? Then what are we to do?

I placed my SBT order and I am awaiting my gauge and other rebuild kit, just trying to determine what I can do because I know I have fueling issues on the old Yamaha. Thanks!

Comment

Kawasaki should be around 22-38, I dont have anything on the old 500 yamaha
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X