Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 xp...parts parts..no find parts...arrgghhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 xp...parts parts..no find parts...arrgghhh!

ok, first.a dumb question..the xp for this year is a 657 motor? (or somehting close to that) and not a 587 motor? My pistons are 78mm..now here is my problem..the rear cylinder lost compression....took it apart..and the bearing on the piston side of the crank fell apart....uggh again.
    Anyways, the clinder was great..had it honed at a machine shop..and stupid me thought I could just get a set of new rings and a piston bearing, gasket kit..and quick and easy fix..right? wrong! NOBODY HAS A SET OF STOCK RINGS!!! so I ask..what to do??? Can i use a wiseco piston on just one cylinder and leave the other stock? It hits at 150psi...can I get a stock piston?
    short of buying a whole new set, and boring my cylinders...what options do i have???? PLEASE give me some guidance or direction...thanks again everyone..
    my ski never left the 80's

Re: 93 xp...parts parts..no find parts...arrgghhh!

BTW there was nothing wrong with the piston or the cylinder..so i assume it was the rings..but it might have been the gasket that leaked..I say this beacuse the head bolts were grayish mucky when I took them out..like the water running across the head had oil in it...
    my ski never left the 80's

Comment

Re: 93 xp...parts parts..no find parts...arrgghhh!

To do it correctly you should just rebuild the complete top end, thats if the crank case and crank are in good shape and the crank case seals are also known good.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X