squish clearence--bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squish clearence--bill

how important is squish clearence and would it make a difference on my rpms, rick from rossier asked what my squish clearence was and i don't know? how to check it do u need special tools? bill you told me that my 785 limited 96xp should turn 7200rpm well it turns 6970, you asked me to ask rick at rossier and he e-mailed me back asking what my squish was. i bought the milled head off of e-bay for 10.00 bucks, it's in awesome shape, and they said it runs on pump 92 octane. there were some numbers on the inside of the domes, i want to say .063-.060 or something? im not really sure what the correct numbers were but they were around there> could you help me

Your squish should be about .045. You measure it with a piece of soft core solder through the sparkplug hole. Place the solder directly over the wrist pin and all the way to the sleeve. Rotate the motor and "squish" the solder. Measure it with calipers or a micrometer.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

on my setup i run a squish of .052@175psi or .049@185psi both these setups u can run 93 octane with no problems.
      96xp<br />factory pipe spec 2<br />novi 46 w/fly's<br />r&d direct flow intake<br />hot tach<br />PPG level one head<br />fluid balancer pto<br />12 vein scat pump<br />85/88 nozzles<br />tracker sponsens<br />3 degree trim tabs<br />umi<br />jetrim seat and spray deflector

Comment

Working...
      X