97 Polaris Sl1050 still no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Polaris Sl1050 still no spark

Took my ski on vacation 2 weeks ago, Ran great one day then the next all of the sudden no spark at all. Checked the battery voltage and that checked out along with the kill switch and that checked out. I know these things were notorious for bad ignition systems, Could it have gone out just like that in a matter of a day between rides? I should note before this incident the ski would occasionally die out, But would restart every time....Could this be a sign the ignition system was going bad? Any answers or help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I also need to know if it is the ignition, Can i still get the update kit and where do i purchase it from?

Re: 97 Polaris Sl1050 still no spark

If this model runs an extra black ground wire on the battery negative side, make sure the wire has not broken in the ring connector, cut the wire back and re-attach it to the neg side of the battery.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That's not it, Has a good connection in the ring connector.

Comment

Do you have a service manual? if so follow the test for the stator plate, also know that polaris ignitions need a min. of 10.5 volts cranking to produce spark.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X