Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97XP. Engine runs away, air leak, major prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also i noticed you said it wouldn't die unless you pulled the lanyard, then you said if you pulled the choke or squeezed the gas.....so, which is it?

If it took pulling the choke or squeezing the gas, you are glowplugging(too lean).

Comment

Yes, the pipe turned purple. The lines are not reversed. I'll check again when I assemble back but 10 bucks says they are right. However I think I know why it blew the 2nd time. I used a coupler of a 580 motor, it looked the same but could be different in specs. New one just came in yesterday. Someone recommended checking the baffles inside the water box. Next project.

Yes glowplugging. With the engnition off by either method, landyard or stop botton (both kill the egnition) the engine would run away. Pulling the choke or giving gas would kill it. But that is common sense. I think I found a solution to that problem with the cavity but tech says there is something else that I'm missing. I'm dying to know.

Right now everything has been done, I'd love to get this engine together, clean the fuel tank and new lines and see if this ***** will run away or even run [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Comment

How about the RV timing? is it correct?

Comment

Gotcha Pasha, i guess i missed the part about the balance shaft being open.

Comment

Remove the whole pump support plate from the hull and reseal the whole thing and it will quit ventilating the pump. Trust me.

Once the snap ring came out, the case pressures pushed the counterbalancer plug out of the cases. I use a new oring and Three Bond 1211 on the plug when it install it. Make sure the snap ring is perfect, or new. Someone probably bent the snap ring when they rebuilt the motor last time.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

snap ring has been found in multiple pieces so the question is why it happend?

I have whole bunch of loctite 515 and 518 I will use it to dress new o-ring, in the mean time I'm waiting for new piston and whole bunch other **** . I will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
              X