yamaha 97-98ish 1200 carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 97-98ish 1200 carb rebuild

I have worked on quite a few dirtbikes and quads, but this is my first endeavor with a jetski. I bought a rebuild kit from this website for the yamaha 1200 I am working on. As far as I can tell, there are no performance mods done to this bike.

The bike would start hard...and would have to idle several seconds (30-90+) before you could give it any gas at all. When you could get it to come off idle, the bike runs like a screamer!

I have the carbs sitting on the bench, but all still connected together. My questions are this:

Can I rebuild these carbs without seperating them? (The instruction manual sent with the SBT kit look like they have seperated them)

How important is the pop-off pressure test?

Since it was running fine at wot throttle, should I leave the low and high speed where they were initially set at? Or start from scratch with the stock carbs settings? (does this site have the stock settings listed?) (I have not touched them to see where they are actually set at)

Any tips or tricks from someone who has done this?

Any tuning tips for when I get it back in the water?

Thank you ahead of time for any replies....

Also, if there are any old threads that I missed while searching that already adress these issues, I am sorry, but please forward me to them.

Re: yamaha 97-98ish 1200 carb rebuild

Take them apart from each other and go through them, keep the original pop-off springs and re-use them to keep the correct psi.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X