97 xp aceleration problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 xp aceleration problem

New eng fro SBT run great for about 10 hrs after breaking. The problem is sometimes hard to start & it will plane but will not go over 30mph unless it hit a wave and go airborne. then will go up to 65 is like it hit overdrive. I love this sky but i will like to have a smooth transition from 0 to 65 any IDEAS [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

sounds like it could be the rectifier od bad or corroded connection at the rectifier causing your lack of power until you hit a wave...my buddy had the same problem and we swapped them and it solved the problem.

Hard starts, it's running to lean, you need to tune it.

Comment

Forgot to ask...are you hard starts when it is cold or already warmed up?

Comment

hard starts cold & hot! thanks for the tip on the rectifier

Comment

Were the carbs rebuilt before you put the new motor in?

Comment

yes they been rebuild I got to K&N filters instead the original configuration

Comment

What are your lows and highs adjusted to?

Comment

Let me guess - you put the K&N's on and did not rejet...
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

lows are adjusted to 1 1/4 turn I follow step by step all the adjusments i also own a challenger 1800 they have 787's engines and they run great, the only different on this beast is the K&N filters

Comment

like tech said, did you re-jet the carbs after installing aftermarket filters?

Comment

[img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] nope

Comment

Well, you found your problem.

Comment

wish size I have to re-jet the carb's

Comment

How long have you been running with them on and the incorrect jets? If more than a few WOT passes you have probably already damaged your engine. Take a compression check right now.

Get the proper jet kit from www.watercraftmagic.com - you have been running way too lean because you put on less restrictive filters and did not add the additional fuel needed.
                            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I spoke with the prior owner & he told me that the carbs had been rejet. Also swap rectifiers with my challenger & still the same. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X