Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motor?

Hi,
    I purchased a premium SBT motor for my 96 Wave Venture 700 in 2006. It has run great, no speed mods or hard riding, just cruising the lake, but it has had zero problems! My question is this, when we bought the engine, the shop(which is now out of business) told us that at the time SBT did not have the exact replacement motor, and that he ordered and installed a slightly more powerful one.
    It is a grey, two cylinder, with what looks like the stock flame arrestor set up for Mikuno 38s. I have taken off the air intake, and looked at the front, back and starboard side of the motor, but I cannot find an identifying number tag.
    Can someone tell me where I need to look, or, what motor this is? Thanks.

Re: What motor?

what ski is it in and take pics of the engine and post them, lets see what you have, there is also a sbt engine tag on the front of the engine see if you can find the engine number and post that also.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It is the ski posted above, a 1996 Yamaha Wave Venture 700, and I did look and find a tag on the front that says "5571". Does that give us the model? Thank you for the help, I had looked a lot but
      until you said a metal tag on the front, I had not moved enough hoses to see that tag.

Comment

sould be a 701 t SBT 40-402T
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X