2006 FXHO Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 FXHO Won't Start

Friend of my son sucked up a nylon rope and engine would run but no power. The short-story is ski was towed by a boat in salt-water for about 15-miles and brought home on a trailer. Pulled the plugs and had about a shot-glass of water in the #1 cylinder. Removed the rope from the impeller shaft and engine cranks fine just won't fire. There might be some rope still jammed between the impeller and wear ring but the only way for me to check it is remove the whole jet drive assembly. Going to recheck if I am getting spark but until the incident it was running perfectly. Would I have these same symptoms if the impeller was seized? Ideas? TIA

Re: 2006 FXHO Won't Start

well i sucked up a rope bent the impeller but the ski would start just wouldn't run very well. Also it gets worse well it did with mine the bent impeller was allowing water in then engine compartment. Best of luck to you/ your friend I have been there, I am very cautious with ropes now.

Comment

If the impeller is locked up in the pump the engine will not turn over.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That was my experiance with SeaDoo years ago. Since the engine will turn over has gas and spark my best gues is the exhaust is filled with salt water? Owners Manuel mentions this possibility when towing but I can find no guidence on how to cure the problem. Anyone?

Comment

Re: 2006 FXHO Won't Start - Update

Still won't start but here is some more information and hopefully someone has some advice.

Guessing I might have water in the exhaust system I elevated the trailer tongue as high as it would go putting the waverunner at a 45-degree pitch. When I cranked the engine about half-a-gallon of water was ejected and I had high hopes this would resolve my problem. No such luck, engine will crank but will just not fire.

Pulled the plugs and let the engine "dry" out for two days as I recharged the battery, put in brand new plugs, nothing, engine just cranks until the battery is drained.

Pulled plugs one at a time and visually verified they were sparking on each cylinder, all four have a strong spark. Sprayed started fluid into each cylinder, installed all four plugs and cranked the engine. Not even a burp. The one thing I did notice is none of the cylinders seem to be getting any fuel, from my experience with other engines being cranked for this long one or more of the cylinders would be flooded with fuel. I could not even smell any gas on any of the spark-plugs after several minutes of cranking.

Looks like I will be hauling it to a dealer if no one this board has any additional suggestions. Just doesn't make any sense to me. TIA.

Comment

FYI - Dealer found no compression in #1 cylinder and very low in 2 and 3. Looks like someone turned the engine over after it had ingested water from being towed.

Comment

FYI - Dealer found no compression in #1 cylinder and very low in 2 and 3. Looks like someone turned the engine over after it had ingested water from being towed.

Comment

sounds like alot of damage, good luck with the repair ,If we can help feel free to give us a call.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X