Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 SL750 - few questions

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 1994 SL 750 last week and have a few questions.

- Throttle response: it seems like there is a "low" and a "go really really fast" setting on the throttle and little in between. If you smoothly accelerate it goes fine and then wham it takes off at a certain point. Originally I thought fuel starvation, but I pulled the choke a bit while doing it to see and it overfuels and bogs. Carb adjustment maybe? The thing hits 45MPH on the crappy speedo, and the hull is pretty scuffed up so I take it's running pretty well.

- Water in hull. First time I had it out there was a decent amount of water in the hull when I took it out (probably a gallon or two). Figured out that the spedo line was off the barb, so fixed that, now there is about half of that after a 35min ride (so about a gallon). I checked the clamps and such but no dice. Any ideas where that amount of water could come from?

- Oil Injection. Is there any way to check to see if the oil injection is working properly? I believe it is as the plugs have a bit of oil in the threads when you remove them.

Thanks,
    Kris

Re: 1994 SL750 - few questions

Carbs may need a good cleaning, Water maybe coming in at the drive shaft seal, has it been greased? Fill the oil tank and mark it, pre-mix the fuel to 40:1 and after running a full tank of fuel you should use 1/4" or so of oil.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So grease will keep the water out of the seal? or do you need to replace all the seals?

What kind of oil do I have to use? Just standard 2cycle outboard stuff?

Thanks!

Comment

The seal should have grease in it, if it was run without grease its damaged at this point and needs replacing. You should use oil that is made for watercraft, not all outboard oils will protect the engine the way it should. If the oil says for pwc and outboard then you maybe ok but some pwc's will require specific oils, check the owners manual.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X