Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 250x

Hello SBT,

first post over here with a few questions.
    I have in my possesion as the title sais a kawasaki Ultra 250x and I have a problem with the engine. As it seems after a check, the cylinder head of the engine has a crack, other than that seems ok, pictures are available if required.
    What I would like to aks you is if you have exchange policy for this model or if another kawasaki model uses the same cylinder head if possible to exchange it with mine.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Re: Ultra 250x

Typically damaged parts aren't "exchanged". You'll need to purchase a new or used part. New part from an OEM vendor/dealer and/or a used part from a salvage yard/e-bay/craigslist. There are salvage yards listed on SBT website, go to the bottom of the main page.

Word of caution on cylinder heads, make sure there is no pitting on the domes of the heads. Often during a failure, engine metal makes it way into the cylinder and subsequent detonation ruins the domes in on the head.

Check this...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144513

Comment

SBT doesn't build the kawasaki 250x engine.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thank you all for your answers, especially dlofgreen for the advices.

regards

Comment

Hey I would be interested in the pictures of the cracked head if you still have them. I believe they crack in the exhaust ports, I have 2 heads and want to see if they are rebuildable

Comment

SBT doesn't build anything for the 250 kawasaki.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X