Tech Support help with lean condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support help with lean condition

Recently installed 2nd SBT 1200PV engine, new reeds and plugs in my Y2K GP1200R. Previous SBT engine failed due to rear cylinder burn out. After 2-3 hours of break-in riding I pulled the plugs and now the front cylinder is showing a lean condition. Was very careful to install the intake manifold and carb
    assembly following OEM recommendations for torque and tightening order so I don't suspect an intake leak. On the previous engine, the plugs were showing front cylinder rich, middle perfect, rear lean. What do you recommend?

Re: Tech Support help with lean condition

Does it have the cat installed? Had the carbs been rebuilt and what did you set the pop-off psi to?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Does it have the cat installed? Had the carbs been rebuilt and what did you set the pop-off psi to?
      No cat, RIVA DPlate + Chip and freeflow exhaust, stock airbox. Carbs were rebuilt when I installed the previous SBT engine. I did not measure pop-off as I
      didn't have the proper tools. Curious how I can go from the previous condition of front=rich, middle=perfect, rear=lean to front=lean, middle and
      rear look OK. I did not rebuild the carbs again. All that has changed is the engine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SMLAKER View Post
        No cat, RIVA DPlate + Chip and freeflow exhaust, stock airbox. Carbs were rebuilt when I installed the previous SBT engine. I did not measure pop-off as I
        didn't have the proper tools. Curious how I can go from the previous condition of front=rich, middle=perfect, rear=lean to front=lean, middle and
        rear look OK. I did not rebuild the carbs again. All that has changed is the engine. Thanks.
        AND a new set of reeds from SBT.

Comment

Go back through the carbs and check pop-off too. 65 psi is what you want.

Comment

Will do. However, I have the RIVA D-Plate & chip. I plan to remove the stock air box and install RIVA FAs/socks/splashguard. I will be looking for a PO around 50-55 to keep it a little richer.

Comment

Correct, lower pop-off for aftermarket filters

Comment

After the mods, I also plan to disable the accelerator pump as that will add too much fuel to 1&3

Comment

Working...
                X