Thanks SBT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks SBT!

I ordered my first SBT motor a few months back for a 1998 Seadoo GTi. I was nervous about putting a lot of money into the ski and also about purchasing a reman engine. My experience with SBT has been fantastic, the sales staff are knowledgeable, courteous and eager to help. I have put 3 tanks of gas through this new motor and it runs fantastic. This experience gave me the confidence to purchase a second ski, 1997 Seadoo GTX, and I am currently installing an SBT motor in it.

I want to say that after reading a lot of posts on this site that I have to agree and stress that a reman motor will not always be your cure all. Be sure to spend the extra time and money to rebuild your carbs, replace fuel lines and clean your fuel system thoroughly. Also, go ahead and replace your wear ring. This will mean a little more money up front but will ensure you have a positive experience and many hours of trouble free riding.

I will give myself as an example: After installing my new SBT motor in the Gti I was eager to try things out, the ski had been sitting for well over 2 years. I took the ski out and it ran fine for about 20 minutes, then is started cutting out. I had been advised to rebuild the carbs but was impatient. I ordered a carb rebuild kit from SBT and installed it. During the rebuild I soon found my problem, the internal filter was completely stopped up. I replaced all the fuel lines and put everthing back together. Once the ski was reassembled I hit the water for a test ride. The ski runs perfect!!!! I hope this helps and thanks again SBT!!!

Re: Thanks SBT!

Thank you for the feedback. Let us know when you need mats and seat covers.

Comment

Working...
    X