Sea doo alingment tool is junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea doo alingment tool is junk

Let start by stating that the folks at SBT are friendly and willing to help to the extent the company allows. I ordered the alignment tool and went to use it only to find it .045 out at the business end. I then Googled SBT alignment tool and found this to be a very common problem. Tom in tech service confirmed this and even described exactly where and how much they have been out of round and it always seems to be in the same area. He connected me with a very nice lady in the warranty department who agreed to replace the tool. I asked her to send me a ups pick up order and was told no and I would have to eat the expense of sending it back to Florida. If I order a wrong part I expect to pay for return shipping and maybe even a restocking fee but when the part or in this case a tool is defective I feel SBT should pay the return shipping cost. Any way I asked the nice warranty lady to have Tom check the replacement tool to see if it was in specs. Well guess what ?? the replace tool was not opened and tested and is just as out of round as the first tool and bent in the same exact area. Back on the phone again and they now agree to send a third tool out and pay for the pickup of the second defective tool to which I declined and stated to the nice lady that I would take it to a machine shop and have it straightened properly like it should have been from the start. I had that done yesterday at my expense and now have a tool that is very straight. As it now stands I now have over $200.00 invested in a $150.00 tool (plus shipping) plus the wasted time. Will I buy from them again?? Maybe only because they have a good selection and are fast to ship and the phone people are nice to deal with. Will I ever buy another tool from them?? No is the answer in fact hell no because
    Their tools are pure junk
    Sorry for the long rant but I am pissed about this and will probably let others know so they don't make the same mistake . Rick

Re: Sea doo alingment tool is junk

wow, great first post! NOT...
    1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

sigpic

Comment

First post or tenth post --what difference would that make??? If you didn't like the post then why did you post this on the SeaDoo forum?? "OP, can you please explain where the .045 is out and what is bent? " Take a minute and read the post again and let me know if I said anything but good about the people I dealt with at sBT. The rant was only about the tool, the policy of not paying return shipping and sending out a replacement that was in exactly the same shape.

Originally posted by Pale Rider View Post
      wow, great first post! NOT...

Comment

Rick, we will look into the batch that we currently have in stock .045 is a bit much for them to be out, When we find issues such as this we do correct them before selling the item, sorry about any inconvenience we may have caused you and we will try to get things corrected asap with our inventory.
        Last edited by Technical Support; 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I was going to order an alignment tool. Several people I talked to did not know what I was even talking about and one was a mechanic. The mechanic so he says does'nt even use one, just puts motor back in hoping it aligns I guess. Now you just made me nervous about spending the bucks for this tool. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by powerup View Post
            I was going to order an alignment tool. Several people I talked to did not know what I was even talking about and one was a mechanic. The mechanic so he says does'nt even use one, just puts motor back in hoping it aligns I guess. Now you just made me nervous about spending the bucks for this tool. WOW!
            that mechanic should be fired, he doesn`t know what an alignment tool is??? then how is he working on Customers ski`s and boats??? he must be just a parts replacement guy at best...
            and if you don`t realize the importance of a proper alignment, then maybe you shouldn`t buy the tool anyways. WOW!
            old engines mounts sag over time from heat, fluids, and age. There was well known issues with Seadoo coming out of the factory with misaligned engines and shoes not to long ago...

nothing wrong with MY SBT alignment tool...

sigpic

Comment

Many small shops that do not specialize in watercraft repair but do work on them may choose not to check alignment when installing engines. If someone chooses to overlook the engine alignment process they run the risk of damaging drive line parts and other items, when installing an engine it is important to align it as close as possible to prevent any drive line problems from happening. The SBT alignment tool is an aid to help accomplish the engine alignment process, it will allow the user to hone in on an expectable tolerance, we have had a few alignment rods out of spec in the past due to several reasons ranging from, Rods being dropped, used improperly and early shipping issues, all of these issues have been addressed.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Appreciate your vigor Pale rider, your right about alighnment tool. I am having a new engine installed and will most definitely get it alighted. Thanks for the input, shows you care.

Comment

Originally posted by powerup View Post
                  Appreciate your vigor Pale rider, your right about alighnment tool. I am having a new engine installed and will most definitely get it alighted. Thanks for the input, shows you care.
                  hahahaha, sorry just caught this... been busy enjoying my twin SBT powered jet boat!

sigpic

Comment

Im needing an alignment tool for a 2010 GTX 155. This pump is mounted to the ride plate and is completely different from the traditional. If im reading correct it would cost about 380 plus shipping to buy with a 100 dollar credit if its returned in 30 days. Is that correct? 280 for the rental? Does anyone have one to rent for less?

Comment

Working...
                    X