1994 Seadoo GTX new SBT reman engine has no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Seadoo GTX new SBT reman engine has no power

I have a 1994 Seadoo Bombardier GTX with a 657 Rotax engine. It was making noise in the bottom end of the engine but ran good. I purchased an SBT reman engine and installed it. it starts up and runs fine out of water, in the water it starts up and runs good but has no power will only go about 5 MPH since the new engine was installed. I also put a new wear ring in the jet pump. I have a shop manual and set the rotary valve timing with a new 147deg valve according to the manual. It is my wife's jet ski and she removed the old engine and I installed it. When she removed the Flywheel she damaged the stator and I replaced it with a used one. I lined up the marks on it and the housing. I am pretty confident that both timings are correct. I am a newbie to jet skis, but spent the better part of my life as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. For some reason I am thinking that it might have a fuel issue. Anyone have any ideas on possible other causes for the low power issue on a newly installed engine?

Re: 1994 Seadoo GTX new SBT reman engine has no power

Rebuild the carb and replace all the fuel lines, clean the selector valve and see how it runs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I took apart the carbs and found that the round diaphragm on one of the carbs had a large hole in it. I am waiting on parts to put it back together and test it.

Comment

Sounds good, 90% of all watercraft engine failures are from dirty or damaged fuel systems.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X