Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95 Polaris SL 750 fuel tank vent check valve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Polaris SL 750 fuel tank vent check valve.

:BACKSTORY:

i have recently purchased a 95 Polaris SL 750 and a 96 SLT 780 from two separate buyers. The SL 750 had been rebuilt and the SLT 780 needed one cylinder rebuilt. Got the 780 running beautifully and all was good out on the water until suddenly the 750 shuts down. i towed it back in with the 780. She refused to restart until the battery was too weak to turn it over. recharged the battery overnight and replaced the next day. She fired right up. then i took her back out for an hour or so with no problems. On my way back in she sputtered almost as if she were out of fuel and shut down and would not refire. I drifted back to the landing and opened the front hatch to check the fuel level. There was almost 1/3 of a tank remaining, but i noticed the tank was partially collapsed. I tried to remove the gas cap but it was so tight it took two people to loosen it. It hissed and whistled confirming to me that it was holding vacuum. Put the cap back on and she fired right up. I traced the issue to a missing vacuum check valve and tee fitting on the tank vent hose. i have also found the Polaris PartNo. 7052118. It seems this part number has been discontinued. So my question is....

Is there an updated or replacement Polaris part number for 7052118 Vacuum Check Valve? Or will any 1.5-2.0 psi fuel grade
    check valve work? For instance, could I use the check relief valve in reverse flow direction? I'm not even sure that part number hasn't changed as well.
    Last edited by Kill_Factor; 04-29-2013, 08:32 PM. Reason: forgot something

Re: '95 Polaris SL 750 fuel tank vent check valve.

wow... i thought i might get an answer fairly quickly here... is there maybe a universal check valve i could use?

Comment

Re: '95 Polaris SL 750 fuel tank vent check valve.

The valves work in both direction, so 1 can be turned around to work, Sea-doo uses 1 very simular to the polaris 1 that should work fine.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X