2000 xl800 no gas to carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 xl800 no gas to carbs

I am working on a xl800 , I just rebuilt engine but its not getting any gas to carbs. I put a suction line on fuel filter but it only fills the fuel filter up a little not enough to crank. I pulled the lines off the carbs after trying to crank it and I can here air seeping out of one of the gas lines. I can spray gas into carbs and it will crank for a few seconds. Carbs have been cleaned and all ports are clear. I am stumped on this one. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jetski2000; 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM.

Re: 2000 xl800 no gas to carbs

Run a line directly from the fuel tank to the carbs, see if it pulls fuel, if so then replace all the lines from the tank to the carbs and rebuild, replace or clean the filters and selector on/off valve.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Believe it or not I found a cocklebur stuck in the Fuel ON/OFF selector years ago when I had a fuel delivery problem. Every line and every inch of fuel line and delivery MUST be inspected and tested. Don't assume anything!

Comment

had the same problem on my xl800 2002 , the problem was the fuel on/off selector had broken in half on/half off position so it would idle well but would bog down past half throttle. solution bypassed fuel switch.

Comment

Yep, the valve can cause the issue.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X