Successful 2001 GP800r Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful 2001 GP800r Replacement

We did the engine replacement on our 2001 Yamaha GP800r, the old one had dropped one of its oil feed lines, seized, and was about to throw a rod. We might have done a rebuild, but wanted the warranty on a remanufactured motor. SBT was very responsive, we had the replacement in 2 days after ordering. The replacement went fairly smoothly, there are some areas in the instructions that could be improved (if you want specifics, please contact me at hrmnpoole@yahoo.com). However, we are very happy with the results, the engine is broken-in and the ski is running great (without that annoying internal knocking). Now, if I can get my neighbor to give me his broken SeaDoo, we may do another replacement. I will definitely use SBT in the future, and will certainly recommend them to others.

Re: Successful 2001 GP800r Replacement

Originally posted by HPoole View Post
    We did the engine replacement on our 2001 Yamaha GP800r, the old one had dropped one of its oil feed lines, seized, and was about to throw a rod. We might have done a rebuild, but wanted the warranty on a remanufactured motor. SBT was very responsive, we had the replacement in 2 days after ordering. The replacement went fairly smoothly, there are some areas in the instructions that could be improved (if you want specifics, please contact me at hrmnpoole@yahoo.com). However, we are very happy with the results, the engine is broken-in and the ski is running great (without that annoying internal knocking). Now, if I can get my neighbor to give me his broken SeaDoo, we may do another replacement. I will definitely use SBT in the future, and will certainly recommend them to others.

This is a common failure on the Yamaha 800 and 1200 engines. Great to hear your install went seamless.

Thanks you.

Comment

Working...
    X