07 yamaha vx1100 only runs 30 mph ??? help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 yamaha vx1100 only runs 30 mph ??? help please

I bought 2 matching 07 Yamaha vx 1100 4 stroke skis they were I believe ex rentals one has 550 hrs the other has 525 hrs... they both were smoking found the oil level to be too full by a little over a quart each i removed the excess oil to the correct level cleaned the intake hose pulled the air boxes cleaned them and installed brand new air filters and a new set of spark plugs in both .. took them for a test ride no more smoke ran great no skipping BUT would only get up to 30 mph identical speeds on both machines .i have checked compression on both they both showed 145psi +/- 5 psi plug color is a light tan to white color .i held the mode button down to check for codes they both show 01 normal. on the trailer they will rev to 8000 rpm in the water only 6000.. these skis should have a top speed of about 54 mph any ideas why the slow speed as far as i have been able to find there is no learner mode or rental mode or is there anyone have any idea or suggestions ??? thanks

Re: 07 yamaha vx1100 only runs 30 mph ??? help please

There is a flame arrestor behind the throttle body that can clog up, look through the throttle body with a flash light if its clogged then us muriatic acid mixed with water and clean it out.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the tip i will check that out today and let you know how it turns out .. i seen on a YouTube video someone just completely removed these will that hurt anything or should i just stick with cleaning and re installing ?

Comment

Try cleaning it 1st, It is a flame arrestor so it would be good to keep it if possible.

Comment

ok im back i checked the flame arrestors in both of them they were clear and clean but i removed them any how just to rule out any possibility ... im thinking about pulling the fuel pump out of one to inspect the filter or replace ?????? Is there a schrader valve already installed from the factory so i can check fuel pressure? ... any other ideas i have never given up on a ski but im close on these

Comment

I don't think that has the schrader valve on it, you may have to use an inline gauge to check pressure.

Comment

Just an update i finally figured out what was wrong with them these were x rentals as suspected they both had a larger diameter cable wheel on the throttle control changed them out for the stock smaller ones and the both run 53 mph now !!! just figured id let everyone know in case you had the same issue

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                X