‘96 Seadoo GSX (787) Intermitting Speed/RPM Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘96 Seadoo GSX (787) Intermitting Speed/RPM Issues

I have a ’96 Seadoo GSX that runs great except; it won’t always reach top speed/rpm. To reach top speed/RPM is sometimes tough.

Here’s what I have to do to reach maximum speed/RPM.
    1. Simply pin-it and it reaches 6,000+ RPMs (this works less than ~ 20% of the time)
    2. Yo-yo the throttle a few times and it reaches 6,000+ RPMs (this works about 20-30% of the time)
    3. (or) Jump a wake or bounce hard while pinning the throttle (this works EVERY time 100%)
    * Otherwise it hovers around 4,800 RPM and acts like it wants to go faster.

Here’s the stuff you need to know.
    I bought the craft with a blown engine. I’m a retired aircraft mechanic. I rebuilt it but let it sit in the garage a few years before I gained more interest.
    · Motor is a fresh rebuild (less than 8-10 hours) punched1st over. New crank, bores, pistons, rings & bearings. Crankcase pressure tested.
    · New Fuel lines replaced & Fuel Petcock cleaned @ 0 hours + carb refurbish
    · Fresh gas (drained the tank and refilled)
    · New plugs (changed several times)
    · Compression (MAG 155 psi, PTO 154 psi)
    · Completely rebuilt both carbs (soaked for several hours in Berryman Chem-Dip and blow out with air and cleared with wire. All brand new gaskets & rubber (except needles and main – they look perfect) pop-off set.
    · Cleaned RAVE Valves (look brand new)
    · Replaced RAVE Bellows (green), gaskets and o-rings. Added zip-locs to bottom of bellows
    · New pump wear ring replaced (less than 4 hours)

I’m starting to think that it’s the regulator on the waterboxor a waterbox baffle issue. I’m better at Polaris PWC issues than Seadoo.

Help a brother out.

Skooter

Re: ‘96 Seadoo GSX (787) Intermitting Speed/RPM Issues

does sound like rave valve issues or the water box regulator. Make sure the rave valves are coming up when accelerating also go through the regulator.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X