750 sxi pro misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 sxi pro misfire

750 sxi pro has an odd misfire and backfires throughout rev range. pulled stator cover, noticed stator was rusty, replaced stator and new spark plugs. still missing, replaced my whole msd cdi and coil with a known good running bone stock setup, still bad. checked reeds and compression. odd part is when your crank the ski over it "hangs" on the starter motor when it tries to fire like the timing is super advanced. timing mark appears to line up at tdc but will pull flywheel tomorrow to check for sheared key. curious if anyone has ever come across this, starting to scratch my head.

Re: 750 sxi pro misfire

Voltage reg.? or you may be correct on the flywheel key being broke.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Voltage reg.? or you may be correct on the flywheel key being broke.
      finally figured it out. pulled the flywheel and everything was perfect. I reversed the green and blue pickup coil wires up at the cdi and it now runs awesome. I ran into this one time with a yfz 450 that was in the shop for repairs, called ricky stator and he told me to try and reverse the pickup coil wires and the quad ran excellent. I tried it today with the ski and it now sounds and runs killer. something for future reference I guess.
      -Johnson speed shop

Comment

Yep we have seen that before, the magnetic polarity on the pick up coil is reversed even know it will ohm out correctly it will not work.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X