Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 SUV Original Engine Failure

Hi,

I have a 2000 Yamaha SUV 1200 non power valve with 152 hours on the clock and no compression in the aft most cylinder. We pulled the engine and are weighing options as to what to do next (the SBT instructions are awesome). The most popular option is to buy the SBT 1200 long block.

I have some questions that I hope you can help me with:
    1. #3 piston failed (melted) on the exhaust side. Oil lines were connected. What caused this to happen?
    2. Is the PTO flywheel threaded? If yes, is it "lefty loosey"? I have tugged on it couple times and it is being stubborn.
    3. The starter motor came off, leaving the end cap at the bell housing side still attached. I dont see a snap ring and I have pried at it some without much result. I see a roller bearing in there. Is this press fit? and if so, do I need to pound it out to replace the starter?
    4. Do you have any promotions or discounts planned between now and spring? I am always looking for a bargin.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    Sonicsalmon
    Poverty Bay
    Puget Sound

2000 Yamaha SUV

Re: 2000 SUV Original Engine Failure

Any promotions will not include engines.

Sounds like the nose of the starter broke off inside the flywheel housing and will need to be pushed out from inside the housing.

PTO is threaded and comes off standard thread. (left to loosen).

The failed cylinder could be caused by crank case air leak or carb not supplying correct fuel ( go through carbs and look for failed crank seal ).
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X