97 sts 750cc stalls in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 sts 750cc stalls in the water

I have a 97 STS 750 that runs great out of the water idle up to ------ (I start it b/4 going to the lake) but in the water stalls as soon as I introduce power --It will idle in the water- and tende out.

I use premix and the gas is fresh, new plugs, clean water separator, ???? Any Ideas

Thanks B

Re: 97 sts 750cc stalls in the water

sounds like a carb rebuild is in order to me. If there's any gunk in the fuel filter inside the carbs, or the diaphragms are stiffened, or if the tiny openings in the carbs are varnished, you won't get the fuel flow needed to keep enough fuel going in through the carbs to the engine. This is definitely fuel delivery problem, and you run the risk of leaning the engine out and causing detonation...

May also be the fuel selector switch or any inline filters you may have installed. Bypass either with a barb coupler to see what it does.

Carbs would be my first guess. (I have fully rebuilt a Seadoo XP, GTi and my ZXi 1100, including the carbs on all) Make sure to get OEM kits to rebuild, and if the Kawasaki has Keihin carbs with security screws on the fuel pumps, DO NOT rebuild the fuel pumps. Leave as is, but replace the other diaphragms, and clean other parts well with carb cleaner.

Comment

Working...
    X