Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop off test

Newbie here...

I have just torn down, inspected, rebuilt all three carbs on my Yamaha GP-1200. I did not replace the needles and the seats as they looked fine. Actually all the parts of the carbs looked OK. My question is about pop-off pressure. I purchased the tester from SBT. When I block off all of the inlets and exits, I cannot get the pressure (1) high enough to get the "pop off" (2) the pressure seems to leak down before I get sufficient pressure. Obviously a leak somewhere. I have diligently sealed all of the inlets, could the leak be inside the carburetor somewhere? Help, I'm stuck.

Re: Pop off test

Originally posted by B777Pilot View Post
    Newbie here...

I have just torn down, inspected, rebuilt all three carbs on my Yamaha GP-1200. I did not replace the needles and the seats as they looked fine. Actually all the parts of the carbs looked OK. My question is about pop-off pressure. I purchased the tester from SBT. When I block off all of the inlets and exits, I cannot get the pressure (1) high enough to get the "pop off" (2) the pressure seems to leak down before I get sufficient pressure. Obviously a leak somewhere. I have diligently sealed all of the inlets, could the leak be inside the carburetor somewhere? Help, I'm stuck.
    Ok...I have read the "pop off test" technical article and it says to test pop off through the fuel filter inlet. When doing this, what does one connect the tester hose to? Is there a fitting of some sort needed?

Comment

Working...
    X