Yamaha FX140 filling cylinders up with gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FX140 filling cylinders up with gas

I have a 2002 Yamaha FX140 with a 2003 replacement motor in it. I'm using the 2002 fuel injection and ECU that came with the machine. I went to start it for the first time tonight after installing the 2003 engine and noticed that 3 cylinder ports were filled with gas so I removed the gas from each port and hit start again and it cranked a few times but the fuel injection kicked on and filled them up again. Any help would be much appreciated !

Re: Yamaha FX140 filling cylinders up with gas

Im thinking that my fuel injectors are stuck open since I'm not really sure how long the system had been sitting with fuel in it.

Comment

Had same problem. Turns out the injectors are activated from a ground circuit in the computer. I replaced the injector with a know good1 first and did not fix it. New computer fixed it. 1 injector circuit in my compurer was shorted. Check your grounds.

Comment

Thanks that helps a lot. I will measure the injector grounds first to see if that is working properly. I think it turned all four injectors on. I had cylinders full of gas and ports that filled up it was crazy !

Comment

Working...
        X