mikuni super bn carby starving for fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikuni super bn carby starving for fuel

g day all I am hoping someone knows the solution to this problem .I recently purchased a mikuni superb bn 38 for my Kawasaki 750 ss x4 after some modifications to accept the mikuni mounting bolts I got to fit on the stock inlet manifold. my problem is ,it starves for fuel ,to get fuel into the carby I have to block throat of carby with my hand while cranking ,then it will start ,use the fuel that it has sucked in and then stop,wants to stall when attempted to rev. I have tried all sorts of pop off pressures and nothing seems to work, it has a 1.5 needle and seat , 67.5 low jet and 152 high jet .

Re: mikuni super bn carby starving for fuel

Hello!
    I have a Kawasaki JET 750 SXI with a Keihin carburetor CDK , I have the low speed needle 3/4 , high in 1 1/2 turn. POP OFF Pressure 30 PSI . Luck !
    Miguel

Comment

Re: mikuni super bn carby starving for fuel

I just had similar problems with the CDKII Keihins. I eventually found that the regulator arms were bent to far down. I adjusted them up to around 0.020 above the internal surface of the carb that the arm mounts to. I just put Mikuni 38s on a Seadoo 717 and we set the screws as follows and ran pretty good so far without adjusting. Lows 1.25 turns and Highs 1.5 turns but yours may be different.

Comment

Working...
      X