Low compression but it is increasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low compression but it is increasing

I have a 2008 stx15f which was winterized,when I started it and checked the compression it was 205 ,205,170,140.after running it for 20 minutes on the hose we rechecked and it came up to 205,205,190,160.could it be a valve that is ca boned up or rusted.do you think I should run it a little to see if the pressure comes up?

Re: Low compression but it is increasing

Ran the ski tonight and it ran fine .when we came in and checked the compression it didn't change.when we blew air into the low cylinder we could hear it faintly in the next cylnder. Could this be a blown head gasket?shouldnt the compression be the same in both cylinders if the gasket is bad?

Comment

Re: Low compression but it is increasing

You shouldnt check compression on a warm engine. Warm engine will swell and parts expand causing false readings. You could be hearing sound in another cyl traveling from the intake ports or exhaust ports. Not sure what specs that engine should have but you should pull the ECU fuse or fuel pump fuse so you don't wash the cylinders with gas and compression check should be done with wide open throttle and all plugs pulled

Comment

Working...
      X