STX15F sometimes just cranks and wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STX15F sometimes just cranks and wont start

I have two 2008 STX15Fs Both have less than 50 hours. I bought them this spring,They run great ,compression is good,start right up and idle fine. Every once in a while they wont start it, happens after we have ran for various periods of time ,you shut it off it sits a while and you go to restart it and it just cranks and cranks. no error codes on the screen.I have tried turning the key on /off ,put the kill switch in/out ,opened the gas cap nothing changes, then all the sudden it will start and run like nothing ever happened.they both have done it but never at the same time .today I was able to pull the fuel lie while it was doing it and it was pumping a lot of gas.While I was trying to check for spark it started to run. I was wondering if anyone knows of a possible intermittent sensor problems,or any items I can check.I have also changed the plugs and fuel filters.It had not happened in about 4 weeks but this afternoon one wouldn't start.

Re: STX15F sometimes just cranks and wont start

I think you are on the right track - you have to narrow it down to a fuel delivery or ignition problem first. See if there is spark at the plug next time it happens. I have a 2004 F15 that has never exhibited that behavior - it has been very reliable to date.

Comment

Working...
    X