Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Term SBT Yamaha LS2000 motor review (1200 Non-PV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Term SBT Yamaha LS2000 motor review (1200 Non-PV)

In January 2010 I inherited a 2002 Yamaha LS2000 with an engine blown due to an oil injection issue (the oil line had popped off on the prior owner), being in the clearwater FL area I was willing to give SBT a try with their standard 1200 Non pv motor exchange. At the same time the boat mechanic I was working with suggested rebuilding all the carbs (on both engines) and I decided to switch to pre-mix to not have to risk an oil line issue again. Besides the motor from SBT, I also used the oil pump blockoffs and the SBT gasket set for re-assembling the motor and the pop off tool for the carbs.

Everything worked great then and still does today 6 years later. Over time I have also replaced the Steering cables, shift cables, Intermediate housing, and the plastic wear ring housings. I am very happy with both the prices of each item and the quality of the part.
    Online I have read some bad reviews of the rebuilt motor exchange, but I really think it is when people don't go through all of the components that are not being replaced with the motor exchange (The fuel system, the oil injection and the exhaust system). With my mechanic's advise every single piece of those components was gone through as it was disassembled for the motor exchange and again when it was re-assembled on the SBT replacement block.

I feel lucky to have SBT just a 20 minute drive from my house. With my boat at 14 years old it is nice to have somewhere local with great prices and the parts I need in stock. (I just was there today getting the 2nd shift cable- for some reason I didn't change them both when one failed last time).

-Don
Working...
X