SBT Rotax piston problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Rotax piston problems

Bought an SBT rebuilt 155 hp rotax 4tec for my 2003 Sportster last year. With less than 20 hours on the engine the number 2 piston disintegrated. Put a scope in the spark plug hole and all we saw was connecting rod with pieces of aluminum in the pan. Any one else having problems with pistons SBT uses? Thank you for your input.
    Howard

Re: SBT Rotax piston problems

no we do not have problems with our pistons, why did you have to do the rebuild? that will help us diagnose the failure

Comment

Original engine had low compression in 2 cylinders. This engine ran great through the breakin period and now we have barely 15 hours on it. Cesar Nieves tried to blame the piston failure on the oil pump, oil is fine and the lights and alarm never went off, on the fuel injectors, engine ran great, too much or too little fuel would have been noticeable, or the wiring harness. The engine was hooked up to a code reader computer for diagnostic after the engine was installed and everything was good. While SBT may sell great engines, you do not stand behind them. It is very upsetting having to fight with some one on every phone call. Case in point; I installed your replacement pump housing in 2013 and felt it would be a good idea to replace the bearings, etc while the engine was out. Called and had the original order pulled up so the right parts could be ordered and was sent the wrong parts. Called back, was told i had the right parts. Finally I convinced your employee to check and see if anything changed since I ordered the pump housing. Low and behold, it did, finally got the right parts. This also held up getting the boat in the water. When you sent the new motor in May 2016, it should have had another 1 year warranty not a 1 month warranty held up by your pump confusion. Somebody needs to pick up the ball because it was dropped in customer service.
      H

Comment

When there is comfort in the house, then there is joy in the soul!
        https://fas.st/hNK2lD

Comment

Working...
        X