X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experience

****Buyer beware****

Let me start by saying I have ordered parts from SBT before with great success. I have been a customer for years and have always felt comfortable referring friends with boats and jet skis to SBT.

That being said...

My last order was for 2001 yamaha ls 2000 jet boat interior traction mat kit MSRP $$315.95 on July 8th. I placed the order over the phone as I always do. I ordered the kit in slate grey to match the factory mat on the rear exterior of the boat. The polite sales person informed me that SBT did not have the item in stock but it would ship via fed ex ground in 3 days. Satisfied I placed the order and waited for its arrival.

Today, July 20 I opened the box and prepare to install the kit. Color and texture were great. appears to be well made. As I lay the kit out on the ground I notice some characteristics about the mats don't look right for my boat. I grab the packing slip and sure enough the order says the kit is for a 2010 AR240 HO.

I give SBT a call and get referred to the "new returns" department. The lady I spoke with pulls up my account and order. She tells me the the date of the order, the date the order shipped and that the order was placed by part number, which I don't remember doing and have never done before. She then tells me that this kit is special order and is non returnable, no exceptions. She does however inform me that "you have every right to list the kit online and resell it."

I ask to speak with a supervisor and get in touch with Caesar. He looks up the order and says everything but out right blame me for the mistake. I explained to Caesar that I don't believe I ordered the kit by part number because I never do that. I asked However,"wouldn't it be logical for the sales person to read back the part number and clarify that I was ordering a kit for a 2001 LS 2000 and not a 2010 AR240?". He replied that the order was placed on a Friday at 4:10 pm and that the sales rep probably just figured I would want to give the part number and get off the phone like most other people ordering.

After I got off the phone with SBT I looked up the part numbers of the 2 kits. I wanted part number 130BT901 int and 130BT910 int was shipped. Just the last 2 numbers switched. At 410 on a Friday is it possible the sales person hit the wrong key? You be the judge.

To those who have read please be careful when ordering parts and cover your behind because SBT is covering theirs!

Re: Bad experience

**** Update ****

I have been in contact with SBT over the last month through the Better Business Bureau and am getting no where.

They claimed I hung up on the returns rep before he could offer a discount on the correct part. Which is false. As I stated, I was told to "list the kit online and sell it."

SBT was proud to share that for their 10k orders last month they had an error rate of only 2/10ths of 1 percent= 20 errors which is so low because SBT does not want to accept the possibility that a sales person made an error.

It appears any complaint other than they literally put the wrong part in the box with the right part number on the invoice will be denied.

Comment

Re: Bad experience

Trailblazer190,

As we covered in your BBB claim,

It is unfortunate that your personal experience with SBT was not what you would have desired. Please understand that in this process we strive to give the best customer experience as possible, seeing that this is a human endeavor mistakes sometimes may occur.

Our policy is clear especially when it comes to custom items that cannot be restocked. You ordered a part by number, the customer assistant documented the part ordered and the fact that a dealer ordered by number. At the time of the sale, double verification was not needed due to fact of your dealer account standing. Dealers have requested that they are constantly cross checked, that they are in this business. Therefore we assume if you are ordering by number, that is the part you want UNLESS the dealer asks us to double check, which we gladly would. That did not happen in this case. That being said we have reached out and try to offer discount for this issue for a replacement custom part. Since then we have answered your complaint on BBB 4 times, and now here.

Comment

Working...
      X