Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire harness off 657X to 717

Hi guys,

I know this topic per say has been BEAT TO DEATH as ive done quite a bit of searching for some answers. Ive found a lot of info I needed but still not finding a clear answer for a few additional concerns / questions I have.

Im planning on picking up a 94 657X that needs outer crank bearings (or so we assume) top end still at 130PSI. But also getting a bunch of spare parts with it that I would like to use to touch up the 95 717 I have.(white motor) that runs however the harness inside it is hacked to bits along with the VTS not working.

I am keeping the flywheel stator MPEM coils ect with the respective motor as ive read doing a swap can be a little more of a headache then its worth.

What I need to find out is.

1) will the wire harness going to the dash gauges and controls off of the 657X plug into the 717?

2) Will the VTS out of the 657X bolt in to the 717.

Thanks in advance!

For those that enjoy pics... heres a crapy one of the 717 i got

Last edited by rrl; 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM.

Re: Wire harness off 657X to 717

I don't know if the harness will work. I have never tried to swap them.
    The back of the hull and the pump shoe are different, so I don't think the VTS will swap over without some modification.
    You might try posting on PWCToday there are a lot of people there that have interchanged parts between the two PWC's

Comment

Working...
    X