Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 seadoo gti running poorly and shutting off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 seadoo gti running poorly and shutting off.

Hello all,

I have been working on my 2001 SeaDoo bombardier gti and I have encountered a pretty tricky situation I can't seem to diagnose after several days of googling and testing. Please Help.

Little bit of what is happening. It runs fine on the hose. Out on the lake it runs fine at low rpm range. When you go WOT the engine develops a bad vibration and starts popping (like a backfire/misfire) and sputtering. It feels like plugs are firing at the wrong times. The last two times I have had it out on the lake to try and test it after some fixes like new fuel, new starter relay, and a basic tune up. It has run like this I can't figure out what would be causing it mostly because both times I had it out the gauges died while riding it. The thing stated running but all the electronics dropped out. In fact at these points when both gauges were unresponsive it ran great. It had full power the popping went away and I was able to get up to top speed. Maybe a five minute run time like this and the gauges would come back on in the middle of riding and it was back to running like junk. What would cause the gauges to go off and on and make it run like garbage when they were on and great when they were off? Do I need a new brain(Mpem) or could it be some sensor or connection? I am pretty mechanically inclined; I put a new motor in it when I bought it 10 years ago as the old one was fried ran fine all that time, but this one has me scratching my head.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Working...
X