1993 Yamaha VXR Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Yamaha VXR Issues

I have a 1993 Yamaha VXR 650cc "Yes a Oldie :P" that last year overheated and caused the Waterlock to start leaking. I have since fixed the water lock but now having other issues. It runs without a problem outside of water but when I did a test in the water it didn't do so well. It idles fine but when you try to get on the jet ski and give it gas it boggs and dies. If you let off quick enough it will allow the jet ski to stay running. What could be my issue now? Please help any info is much appreciated.!

Re: 1993 Yamaha VXR Issues

Check the hoses on the exhaust to see if they are De-laminating on the inside. Squeeze them to see if they are getting softer than normal.

Comment

Re: 1993 Yamaha VXR Issues

Yes, The hose that comes from the Silencer to the Water lock seems to be extremely hard in some spots and soft in other spots. I'm honestly kinda new to the hobby so with that being said how would this cause this issue? "Figured the more you ask the more you know." Also I just re tested in water just keeping it on the trailer and it idles for as long as I want. Once I give it gas still dies. This is after draining and cleaning the tank, new spark plugs, & new fuel filter. Since it is a older jet ski I ordered a carb kit and plan on rebuilding it no matter if its the issue or not because I'm positive it needs it.

Also on a side note. What are the effects of a failing temp sensor? I noticed that my temp sensor is loose and the wires are slightly melted.

Comment

Working...
      X