Insane fast shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane fast shipping!

I bought the piston and cylinder exchange kit last month, rebuilt the engine on the new-to-me 1999 Yamaha XL 1200 LTD. Everything worked like a champ. Two weeks ago we turned off the water shutoff on the ski and towed it with our Sea Ray cruiser back to the cove to spend the night. The next morning, my daughter asked if she could go ride the ski...Long story short, after only 2 tanks of fuel on the rebuilt motor, we forgot to re-open the water shutoff which resulted in it overheating and a rod through the side of the block! Doh!!

I got home and started looking for solutions and finally decided to go with the SBT reman engine. I found a good core block and cylinder on ebay to replace the trashed ones, 2 days later the new motor arrived. Got it in and back on the water the next day. I took it out and followed the beak-in procedure to a T. Yesterday had it out again and it runs like new! Sometimes it has a little hesitation when punching it from a stop, but I assume/hope its just from the plugs being gummed up from running premix (50:1) plus injection. Before we take it out again I'll swap the plugs and fill it with some good gas.

Yesterday I swapped the crank into the new block, and put it all back together. I didn't tighten anything, just lightly snugged the bolts on everything. I put it back together without gaskets or pistons, hope thats ok?? I assumed those items would just be trashed anyway once you guys rebuild it.

Thanks for getting us back on the water so quick!

PS... I'm XXL Thanks!
    Last edited by TaraBoo270; 08-22-2017, 10:47 AM.

Re: Insane fast shipping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5335.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	254224

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5349.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	254225

Whats with it rotating the pics?

Comment

You can send it back loose, as long as we get all the parts we need for remaning the ngine it will be fine

Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! please provide the invoice number of your order to receive your free T-Shirt!!

Comment

Order# 242350

Comment

Видео

программа видео регистратора
              http://hgdo-adas.special-sales.com/

Comment

Working...
              X