2009 vx110 jet pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 vx110 jet pump

I purchased a 2009 vx110 cruiser for a good price. It came with a rd grate and solid 18/55 prob. I had a problem with the ski not going about 47mph. So I took the jet pump off to inspect it to find that the duct impeller housing had been damaged by corrosion. The housing came off with the impeller but the drive what stayed with the ski. It that correct for this model. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	256589Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3155.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	256590As you can see the housing vanes are long gone. I am ordering a new housing and rebuild bearing and seal kit. Does anyone know if they make stainless vane housings forthis ski

Re: 2009 vx110 jet pump

Originally posted by Allfabhyatt View Post
    I purchased a 2009 vx110 cruiser for a good price. It came with a rd grate and solid 18/55 prob. I had a problem with the ski not going about 47mph. So I took the jet pump off to inspect it to find that the duct impeller housing had been damaged by corrosion. The housing came off with the impeller but the drive what stayed with the ski. It that correct for this model. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3889[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3890[/ATTACH]As you can see the housing vanes are long gone. I am ordering a new housing and rebuild bearing and seal kit. Does anyone know if they make stainless vane housings forthis ski
    Yes, the impeller housing comes off without the driveshaft on this Yamaha model. Most Yamaha models do have the driveshaft come off with the impeller housing, but on the VX models they made it so the housing comes off quicker and easier because it is used in so many rental applications.

Comment

Working...
    X