01 yamaha fx 140 milky oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 yamaha fx 140 milky oil

I bought a 02 Fx140 over the summer with a seized engine. after a quart or so of mystery oil and some tlc i got it turned over. After clearing out the crud in the cylinder and doing a compression test she ran great.
    i had to change the oil numerous times to get it clear. Took it out for the first run and she ran great for about an hour and then was very hard to start. after it sat a bit it ran great again.
    i checked the oil when i got home and it was way overfull and milky again, this happened every time i took it out, I could draw some oil out of the case with an extractor and she was good to go again. The last time out for the summer, she died after about an hour riding pulled the air filter and its soaked with milkshake looking oil and its way over full again.
    ive come to the conclusion that its getting water into the crankcase somehow.
    plugs all look good and compression is good.
    Where do i go from here? water is clearly getting into the crankcase.
    yes i have followed yamahas procedure for changing the oil every time.
    Last edited by troycalm; 12-04-2017, 11:43 PM. Reason: misplled

Re: 01 yamaha fx 140 milky oil

So i went to test the compression tonight and this gets more bizarre.
    The cylinders were blowing out straight fuel from all 4 cylinders during the test.
    i disconnected one injector and that cylinder stopped flooding.
    The weird part is, when i stopped cranking and opened the throttle too see if the injectors were leaking #1 and #2 injector were wide open dumping fuel until all the pressure was bled out or i released the throttle.
    Im about to junk this thing out.

Comment

Re: 01 yamaha fx 140 milky oil

Yamaha made a pretty durable ecu as I have boxes of good spre vx110 and fxho ecu`s but not fx140`s they are notorious on causing stuck open injectors flooding the engine and oil causing oil rise and color change and poor performance. you can check each injector for leak down with fuel pump on and looking into the ports furl dripping fuel. how ever this method wont work if its the ecu cause when you open up the butterfly valve the tps tells the ecu not to allow injectors to fire. but its not hard to tell if the ecu is bad when you turn it over a few times and then pull the plugs and tune over with plugs out and watch the fuel blow out the holes like a whale blowing water spouts lol. be careful fire hazard" also most of time you can see the fuel in the water coming out of the exhust in the right light and angel. this is a common fx140 ecu issue only seen in fx140 . I have replaced dozens of ecu for this model
      5 year Full Time PWC only Head Mechanic for Central Georgia Power Sports in Macon Georgia .
      Here to Help and Learn PM on the forum for any help. VIST https://www.cgapowersports.com

Comment

Working...
      X