No gas to MAG Carb????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gas to MAG Carb????

I just noticed that when I pressurize the tank by blowing into the return line, I see gas coming out the PTO return side but nothing out the MAG. There was flow a week ago and the only thing different I did was to replace the lines from the External fuel pump to carbs. The top nipple on the pump is where it is not coming from, however when I pulled the line off the pump, gas came pouring out, so obviously gas is getting to the pump but why not the carb???? Could there be a block in the carb????? What could be causing this????
    Thanks chris
    Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

You don't have the in/out switched do you?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Nope, I have dual pickups to the Mikuni external high vol pump, then to the Novi 44. The pump has only been used for like 5 hours, so I don't think it would be the pump. Eveything was working fine last week. What in the carb would not allow fuel to enter it??? I do have on that return line a fuel pressure gauge that has a pretty long fuel hose???
      Thanks cHris
      Factory Pipe Spec 2 <br />愛&D Rec Head<br />意ovi 44XR Carburetors<br />FLY Flame Arrestors<br />感rimer Kit/Premix (40/1)<br />愛+D Aquavein Intake <br />Galindo Grips<br />愛+D 85/88 mm Hydro-force Nozzle<br />惹olas XO (16.5/24) Impeller<br />媲each House Sponsons<br />廈ydro-Turf Mats<br />嫂WD Bow Spray Deflector<br />廉armin Etrex GPS (61.5 MPH)

Comment

Take off the return line to isolate the blockage tothe carb or the line. Do you have a restrictor jet in the line? If so make sure it's not lcogged.

Comment

Could any damage have been caused if I very light and I mean "lightly blew through the line going into the carb, return and into the carb side??? When the tank pressurizes shouldn't gas fill all the fuel lines?????
          Thanks chris

Comment

Unless the return line is off the carb, not he lines and carbs will not fill until it starts pumping. No harm in blowing.

Comment

I pulled the carbs, took them apart to rule them out and all was fine, clean, pop off 20 psi in both. I then attached a hose from one out of the pump to the other then blew into the return line and gas came out the bottom fitting but not the top???? However if I pull the top hose off fuel comes spurting out, so I take it that this is what is supposed to happen??? Could it just be that the lower fitting has more fuel coming out of it b/c it happens to be lower and I take it once the whole system is full, equall amounts of fuel will come out???
              Thanks CHris

Comment

Working...
              X