1995 Wave Venture new problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Wave Venture new problems

Hello all and thanks in advance for the help.

I purchased a 95 wave venture 700 a couple weeks ago. The guy said it ran fine last year. It wouldn't crank when he sold it to me unless I poured gas in the spark plug hole.

Long story short.... I took carb completely off did a carb rebuild with new gaskets filters etc. (didn't replace needle and seat or the high or low speed jets). Put it in the water fires right up bogs pretty bad when you get on the throttle. It would run pretty good at half throttle but still had a stutter every now and then.

Checked plugs and they were BLACK and OILY (I figure running rich). I changed plugs, same result.
    Took carb off again and went through it again. removed and cleaned adjustment screws (air/fuel adjustments?) Put them back to factory settings (5/8 out LS, 5/8 out Mag HS, and 1-1/8 HS PTO). This was WAY in from where they were set (they were like 2-3 turns out).

I also bought a cheap compression test from Harbor Freight. It showed 100 psi on each cylinder..... exactly 100 psi on each. From what I've read it should be 140-150, but Ive also read the HF compression testers read low and wrong... Its kinda odd that they both read exactly the same to be 50 psi off?

I put carb back on and put more new spark plugs in and ran it with no air filter or flame arrestor. Still ran like crap. Pulled Plugs now they are dry and ashy looking (lean?) I adjusted the air/fuel mixture screws (counter clockwise slightly) and it ran just a little better maybe, but it wasn't great. It started raining so I tied it up.
    Please help! Am I wasting time adjusting with the carbs? Should I just trust the HF compression tester and put top end in it?

Thanks so much!!!!

Re: 1995 Wave Venture new problems

Ok, still not running right. Cranks perfect! Idles Perfect! Runs to about half throttle perfect! If you give it full throttle it will tank off most of the times good, for about 15 seconds and then its like its running out of fuel. I put new spark plugs in and ran it WOT for about 5-10 minutes with it constantly cutting out and pulled plugs..... They look dry and lean. I have adjusted the high speed screws WAY out and it still runs lean... If I run it half throttle or less and pull the spark plugs they start looking black and rich though..... I have cleaned the carbs several times. I replaced the needle and seat in both carbs. I have replaced the high speed mixture screws on both carbs. PLEASE HELP!!! I have rebuilt fuel pump, but I haven't opened it back up since. Could there be a problem with it? Could I just buy an aftermarket fuel pump and bypass this one?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello !

when the engine is under compression the giclés must be bigger!

What is the size of the low speed gicle?

What is the size of the high speed gicle?

What is the needle seat gauge?

What's the spring?

Comment

Hello !

when the engine is under compression the giclés must be bigger!

What is the size of the low speed gicle?

What is the size of the high speed gicle?

What is the needle seat gauge?

What's the spring?

Comment

I'm a little confused. I don't know what gicles are.

I think I may have discovered the solution. I bypassed the primer and on/off/reserve switch and ran a hose directly from the tank to the inlet of the carb. This seems to have solved my problem. I am guessing I was getting air in from either the primer or the on/off/reserve switch at high rpms. Can you explain the gicles?

Thanks.

Comment

The Cheap Compression Test Gauge on Harbor fright are bad. Bought one too, shows me 90PSI on my Seadoo and Yamaha. Got an other one showing my 140 PSI. Return it back to Harbor fright.

Comment

Had the same Problem with bogging down and shutting down. It was the Spring on the Carb. and the pop off pressure.

Comment

Does anyone know the proper pop off pressure for this 1995 Wave Venture 700? I have the same ski, and find mine is about 55 psi. Can this be correct?

Comment

https://www.shopsbt.com/forum/t40499/
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	254250

Comment

Working...
                  X