"New" SBT SeaDoo 951 Engine Bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" SBT SeaDoo 951 Engine Bogging

1999 SeaDoo XP Limited. Installed rebuilt engine and rebuilt carbs (which were surprisingly clean). First tank of fuel and varying throttle per the break-in procedure and didn't notice any issues with power. While burning through the second tank of fuel per the break in procedures where I can rev higher and she initially ran well and then the engine began to struggle to accelerate the craft upon a plane.

Each time off the dock I let the engine idle for a minute or so to warm and it has plenty of power for the first few minutes then bogs down and will barely do more than an idle. If I start cold again it's the same procedure. Initially pops right out of the water then will bog down and that's all she's got.

Any suggestions welcome!

Re: "New" SBT SeaDoo 951 Engine Bogging

Is there an obstruction in the fuel lines?

Comment

Originally posted by SBT-Tech 1 View Post
      Is there an obstruction in the fuel lines?
      This seems so simple I hadn't considered it. The main fuel filter is clean and the carbs have new internal filters but I haven't checked anything other than those. I'll start blowing out lines from the tank and shut off one by one and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I changed out all the grey fuel lines, cleaned the fuel filter and internal carb filters, cleaned out the fuel selector switch. The baffle in the tank is clean. There was some significant junk in the reserve line and reserve part of the fuel selector. I cleaned the selector out thoroughly with carb cleaner and compressed air. Pulled the carbs and cleaned the internal filters. Took it back out and immediately noticed a high idle in the water, pushing 3k RPM but fired right up. May have the throttle cable too tight or bound. The idle adjuster is all the way in. I could get 7k rpm and she ran great for a bit but then started bogging down again. I'm going to pull the carbs again and check the filters and inspect the tank for debris. Anything I could be missing?

Comment

Working...
        X