1996 1100 zxi no acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 1100 zxi no acceleration

I bought a couple of jetskis knowing that one ran very well but the Kawasaki didn't have much acceleration. When i rode it i figured it may be a carb issue. I removed the carbs and cleaned the jets. I also checked the float and they looked very good. The was some white residue in the area the float sits. I cleaned all that out and put it all back together. I started it out of water and it seemed fine. Then i put it back in the water, but it does not go over 4000rpm or any faster than 20mph(per the gauge). I am new to working on a jetski and could use some advice. Anyone have any ideas before i sell it and buy something else?

Re: 1996 1100 zxi no acceleration

Maybe check compression and are you sure that you’re firing on all cylinders? Are all of the carbs getting fuel? I would start there. I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will add to that but that’s where I would start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I pulled the plugs after running it and both 1&3 look good maybe a tad lean, but plug 2 looks brand new. Perhaps only 2 cylinders have been firing. Maybe a set of plug wires will fix the problem

Comment

Maybe, it could maybe be a bad coil or something? I would invest in an owners manual if I were you, I’m sure someone has one that they could send to you. I’m sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will chime in and help

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about the coil though if new plug wires fix it. Also check plug boots because those might be corroded.

Comment

Working...
          X