No announcement yet.

1995 wave venture exhaust/water lock ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 wave venture exhaust/water lock ?

I’m really not sure what it’s called but My question is about the cylindrical can thing in the rear section of the waverunner and it looks like a muffler. Is there supposed to be anything under it to give it support? Mine as some of styrofoam under it but it looks a little melted from the muffler getting hot and it’s in several pieces so it doesn’t really support the muffler anymore. Was that supposed to be under it or what exactly is supposed to hold it in place other than the rubber straps that go over it. It doesn’t seem right to me since it seems to get hot and melt the foam. It’s been like this for as long as I’ve had it for over 10 years but I think the foam is just too far gone and I need to replace it with something so the muffler isn’t just rattling around against the fiberglass.

Re: 1995 wave venture exhaust/water lock ?

Toadster25:
    I have the exact same ski, which I purchased in 2000. What you're calling the muffler is technically the water lock, from which the exhaust hose arches over the center of the ski to the starboard side. That water lock does indeed set on styrofoam, but that foam should never have gotten hot enough to melt - mine looks brand new yet.
    I wonder if some of that expanding spray foam woudl work if you could shape it to hold the water lock in place. I don't know the long term heat or water resistance of that product, though. Be on the lookout for some new styrofoam blocks as might be in a shipping box(?)
    Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
    X